The move to Microsoft Email is coming starting in October!
Last Updated September 12th, 2023
Faculty and Employees
The email migration schedule for all faculty and employees is complete. Any future changes will also be published to this site, so visit often to get the most up-to-date information.
With the changes that are coming, we want to ensure that everyone knows how this change will impact them. Note that if you are in our adjunct pool and do not have an active teaching assignment, we will only be copying over your email. We will announce the date that we will move all of these accounts over shortly. This does not include retiree accounts.
Gmail to Microsoft 365 Outlook
- Starting September 21st and until you are migrated, all new, incoming email will appear in both Microsoft 365 and Gmail.
- When you are migrated, your new incoming emails will only go to Microsoft 365. Gmail will no longer receive new emails.
- We will turn off access to Gmail for employees before Winter Break. Until then, you may use Google Takeout https://takeout.google.com to make a backup of your email.
- When we turn off Gmail for employees, all email in Google will be purged to make room for storage in Google Drive for everyone.
Google Drive to OneDrive
- Right now, we have copied content from your Google Drive to your OneDrive storage in Microsoft365. We are also are copying new files every two weeks.
- When you are migrated, we will perform on last copy from Google Drive to your OneDrive. We recommend not deleting anything from Microsoft until we notify your division/department that the final copy is complete, or it may come back.
- We will not be deleting any content out of Google, but we will be setting quotas on all accounts. Employees will have a 25GB quota.
We are still planning a cutover date for your email. We will post it here as soon as the date has been identified. We are copying over only your email. You may copy your Google Drive content over to Microsoft OneDrive. The student quota in Google Drive will be reduced to 10GB at the time of the cutover. If you need more storage, OneDrive has a larger limit (1TB).
Former Students and Retirees
We will be creating new accounts for you in Microsoft365, but we will not be copying over your email over to Microsoft 365. We will also delete your Google accounts shortly after the transition. The transition date will be posted when it has been identified.
If you have questions, feel free to send us your questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.