Welcome to the Transfer Center!
The Antelope Valley College Transfer Center serves as a focal point of transfer functions for students, administrators, faculty, and staff. We encourage students to become experts of their own transfer paths by providing information, resources, and learning opportunities through transfer related activities. To schedule an appointment with a Transfer Center Counselor, please call 661.722.6343 or 661.722.6300 x6338. You may also schedule an appointment by requesting one through our online form on the main Counseling website.
Antelope Valley College students can join the Transfer Center Canvas page to view up-to-date information pertinent for transferring to a university. Click here to Join: Transfer Center Canvas Page
Transfer Center Services
Students are advised to plan transfer pathways as early as possible and enroll in transferable courses in both general education and in courses that prepare students for specific university majors. Questions related to transfer programs should be discussed with a counselor. Available resources in the Transfer Center:
• Guidance in researching and selecting a transfer institution
• University admissions representative appointments
• University field trips
• Transfer Information Sessions
• Transfer Admission Guarantees
• Library of university catalogs and publications
• Important dates and deadlines
• Transfer Fairs
Steps to Transfer
- Career Exploration:
- Your career objective will determine the type of degree you need and your choices for selecting a major. Contact the Career Center at 661.722.6340 for assistance.
- Choosing your University Major:
- A major is a field of study that you emphasize in your college education.
- Choosing your Transfer University:
- Choosing a transfer university is important to ensure you complete the right courses.
- Academic Preparation:
- Attending Antelope Valley College will prepare you to enter a university at the junior level in most cases by taking the right set of coursework.
- Applying to a university:
- Final Steps to Transfer:
The Transfer Center mission is to identify, recruit and motivate Antelope Valley College students representing diverse backgrounds, as well as all socioeconomic levels, and provide appropriate support services enabling them to select and apply to four-year colleges and universities in order to complete a baccalaureate degree.