One of the benefits of donating to the AVC Foundation is our staff can work with you to direct your gift to meet your funding interests. In this section, you can learn about our current giving opportunities. If there is another academic program or field you are interested in donating to contact the Foundation office at (661) 722-6300 ext. 6391.
For our students, the possibility of a quality life begins with higher education. Yet each year more students are struggling to make ends meet and stay in school as affordability continues to become a growing barrier to student success. Today, approximately half of all Community College students still have unmet financial needs after all financial aid is considered.
These scholarships are intended to support students who have demonstrated success and commitment in their coursework. To qualify, students must be enrolled at least half-time (6 units) for each term the award is active. Students complete one application and are automatically submitted for the scholarships they qualify for. Additional criteria can be designated when a scholarship is established.
For more information on our scholarship program, click here.
If you are interested in establishing a scholarship or contributing to an existing scholarship, contact Emily Moulton, Scholarship Coordinator, at (661) 722-6300, ext. 6996 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
An endowment is established with a minimum of a $10,000 gift for either a scholarship or other student and/or college support. This initial gift stays in perpetuity and the interest generated is used to support the donor’s request. The endowed accounts are invested in long-term investments, such as stock, equities, and bonds. The Foundation’s spending policy sets forth guidelines for determining how much of the endowed earnings may be spent.
For more information on endowments, click here.
At AVC, payroll deductions are a way for employees to support students in achieving their academic goals and future aspirations. Contributions may be designated for a variety of purposes. Contact us to discuss your giving interest.
For more information on AVC Employee Payroll Deductions, click here.
Donations to this fund provide support where and when it is most needed at AVC.
You may designate your gift to a specific campus program or division. Some examples include Nursing, STEM, Hearts & Hands Food Pantry, and more. Contact us and we can help designate your donation to your interests.
By naming Antelope Valley College in a will, trust or insurance arrangement, you can leave a sustaining legacy at the college – providing you the opportunity to receive recognition for supporting the college both now and in the future.
- Bequests - A donor simply incorporates the appropriate language in their will or estate documents leaving a specific sum or percentage to the charity.
- Charitable Remainder Trust - This method allows donors to create a trust with assets managed by a trustee. The donor receives an income tax deduction in the year that the trust is established.
- Memorials and Endowments - a gift to Antelope Valley College in your name or the name of your loved one while realizing tax benefits.
- Charitable Lead Trust – Donate now while reducing the tax costs for your heirs in the future.
- Charitable Gift Annuity - Gift annuities are simple contracts in which you exchange a gift of cash or securities for a guaranteed, fixed income each year for the rest of your life. Advantages include income for life, tax deduction and capital gains tax savings, and tax-free income.