With the 2023-2024 academic year upon us, we encourage you to implement the immunization recommendations outlined by the American College Health Association (ACHA) and share information and resources on the immunization schedule, benefits of vaccines and how to get vaccinated.
- Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis)
- HPV (human papillomavirus)
Vaccine-preventable disease outbreaks on college campuses can be disruptive and costly for individual students and the institution. Students living in campus housing have a heightened risk of contracting and/or spreading disease due to close living quarters.
Students who are uninsured, underinsured, or qualify for Medi-Cal can access free and low-cost vaccines here. Those covered under insurance should go to their medical provider.
Immunization Resources for Institutes of Higher Education
- ACHA Immunization Recommendations for College Students
- CDPH Recommendations for Immunization and Screening Requirements for California Colleges & Universities
- ACHA COVID-19 Considerations for Fall of 2023
- National Immunization Awareness Month print resources
Immunization Resources for Students
- OFF TO COLLEGE? College Immunization Checklist (CDPH)
- Vaccines at 13 to 18 Years (CDC)
- Free and Low Cost Immunization Clinics in LA County
Please reach out to email@example.com for support with immunization efforts.
UPDATE TO SUMMIT URGENT CARE HOURS OF OPERATION:
- Call or Walk-In
- Open 8AM to 6PM, 7 days a week
- Last patient Registration: 5:30pm
- Closing Time: 6:00pm
- In order to provide safe patient care and to ensure that each patient is given the time needed for examination and treatment, Summit Urgent Care will register the last patient at 5.30pm and will close at 6.00pm. Patients may be registered after 5.30pm if all patients can be accommodated safely. Holiday hours vary.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your name, AVC student ID 900# and only a request to have a Medical Voucher issued. It is not necessary to include your medical/health situation. Please use your AVC email. Vouchers will only be sent to an AVC email address. A voucher number will be issued electronically. Once your medical voucher # has been issued you may then access services at Summit Urgent Care.
- Evaluation and counseling for individual health problems
- Family planning and gynecological health care for women
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) information
- First Aid
- Blood pressure screenings
- Elective physical exams
- Pap smears
- TB skin test
- Sexually transmitted infection (STI) testing